Graphite powder is widely used in industry, and it is a very valuable graphite product. Graphite powder is black, which is very similar to iron powder in appearance. Today, xingrunda graphite manufacturer will tell you the difference between graphite powder and iron powder:
The distinction between graphite powder and iron powder can be made by physical and chemical methods.
Physical method to distinguish graphite powder from iron powder.
1. It can be touched. Graphite powder feels greasy, while iron powder does not.
2. Magnets can be used to attract iron powder, but not graphite powder.
3. Heat up, the iron powder turns black, and the graphite powder is ignited in the air.
Chemical methods: to distinguish graphite powder from iron powder.
1. Use chemical method to distinguish, add dilute hydrochloric acid or dilute sulfuric acid, the iron powder with bubbles is iron powder.
2. Mixed with copper oxide and heated separately, adding graphite powder can generate CO2 that can turbify limestone water, but no iron powder.
In conclusion, it is the difference between graphite powder and iron powder. Xingrunda graphite is a professional manufacturer of expanded graphite and graphite powder. It has many years of experience in production and processing.